Developing the RTP will be a collaborative effort to ensure that cities, counties, and government agencies coordinate planning activities and transportation improvements in terms of intent, timing, and effect.
The RTP will be prepared by the Albany Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (AAMPO) in partnership with member agencies listed below and with input from stakeholders and members of the public. :
- City of Albany
- City of Jefferson
- City of Millersburg: The City of Millersburg is developing a Transportation System Plan -http://millersburgtsp.com/
- City of Tangent
- Linn County: Linn County is developing a Transportation System Plan - http://linncountytsp.org/
- Benton County
- Albany Transit System and Linn-Benton Loop
- Linn County Special Transportation Fund Program
- Benton County Special Transportation Fund Program
- Salem-Keizer Transit District
- Oregon Department of Transportation: Important projects include The I-5 South Jefferson Project and US 20 Highway Safety Study
While the Regional Transportation Plan is being developed, Millersburg and Linn County, who are both members of AAMPO, will be developing their local Transportation System Plans. Also, Linn County and Benton County will be updating their Public Transportation – Human Services Coordinated Plans, which outline transportation services for seniors and individuals with disabilities. These concurrent planning processes provide a rich opportunity for collaboration and coordination.